We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Fruit desserts
- Banana desserts
This Cuban dessert has a nice tropical flavour and is so easy to make. Terrific with vanilla ice cream.
29 people made this
- 6 bananas, sliced lengthways
- 110g light dark brown soft sugar
- 110g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 60g chopped pecans
- 75g sultanas or raisins
- 1 tablespoon brandy
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:5min cooling › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly butter a 20x30cm casserole dish.
- Cover the bottom of the prepared casserole dish with half of the banana slices. Sprinkle the bananas with half the dark brown soft sugar, butter pieces, pecans and raisins. Form another layer with the remaining banana slices and repeat layering with remaining dark brown soft sugar, butter, pecans and raisins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle brandy over top of dish to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (22)
It was delicious. Made with just bits I had in.-18 Aug 2015
This was ok, would maybe be nice with some ice cream or a light sponge, but wasn't really to my taste. Good way to use up extra bananas though!-29 Feb 2012