We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This Filipino chicken dish is a delight for those who love chicken, but especially for those who love mangetout! This is simple to prepare and a nice alternative to a typical stir fry. Serve hot with rice.
5 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 900g bone-in chicken pieces, such as legs, thighs and wings
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 450g fresh mangetout, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon water
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the olive oil until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir the oyster sauce into the mixture; season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and mix; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomato, carrot and celery; cover again and cook another 5 minutes. Cook the chicken pieces until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear. Fold the mangetout into the mixture.
- Whisk the cornflour and water together in a small bowl until no lumps remain; stir into the liquid in the frying pan. Allow the mixture to simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (3)
Perfect recipe. I followed the directions and the meal came out exactly as expected. I wouldn't change a thing. I was looking for a WOK meal that was easy and tasty, and this is the one. Thank you!!!!!-12 Apr 2012
I made this for my girlfriend who is Filipino and she said it was nostalgic. I followed this recipe precisely as I have predominantly cooked European dishes and it has turned out great.-27 Jun 2016