- Pasta types
A quick and cheap pasta dish! Toss a quick salad of mixed lettuce leaves to go with and you're done.
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
55 people made this
- 90g butter
- 225g bacon, chopped
- 3-4 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (65g) tin tomato puree
- 225ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper to season
- 450g tagliatelle
- 90 - 110g cheese, grated
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Melt 1/3 of the butter in a saucepan. Add the bacon, carrot and garlic and fry until the bacon is crisp.
- Stir in the tomato puree, stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling salted water for 12 minutes. Drain, then toss in the remaining butter until it has melted. Pour the sauce over the tagliatelle and garnish with the grated cheese.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (5)
REALLY TASTY EASY TO MAKE WILL DEFO MAKE IT AGAIN YUMMY YUMMY X-15 Nov 2011
Oops sorry about that,i've missed out the carrots on the ingredients list.....yes.....carrots are used in the recipe....about 3-4 will do,they should be cut into small chunks!-20 Jul 2011
Not really a review but I don't know how else to ask a question about this recipe. Basically your instructions say to add carrot, however there are no carrots in the ingredients. So all I would like to know is, is there carrots in this recipe or not?Also is the sauce(with bacon)freezable?-19 Jul 2011