Cold avocado soup with cucumber, Gordon Ramsey's recipe
Slightly spicy, tasty and interesting!
- 2 large cucumbers (400 grams)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- a drop of Tabasco sauce
- ground pepper
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, seedless, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into quarters.
- A quarter of the amount is kept for decoration.
- The rest of the cucumber is cut into large pieces and passed in a blender together with the lemon juice, until it turns into a puree.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seeds and peel the fruit.
- Sprinkle half of the avocado with lemon juice to prevent oxidation and store in foil in the refrigerator for garnish.
- Pass the rest of the avocado with the blender, then combine with the cucumber puree, Greek yogurt and Tabasco sauce, until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add lemon juice to taste.
- Keep the puree cold until ready to serve.
- Cut the avocado half preserved, then together with the cucumbers kept for garnish mix in a bowl with the onion and tomato.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
- Match the taste with salt and pepper, and if it is too thick do not hesitate to add a drop of water.
- Distribute the soup in bowls and decorate with the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and pepper powder.
* The images are for presentation purposes
Curry - the Indian spice mix will take you on a culinary journey to Asia
You also need curry - the Indian-style spice mix. You can find them both in health food stores and in the supermarket. Our advice is to add half of the quantity initially and then if you like the taste add more.
You also need freshly chopped parsley, but also freshly squeezed lemon juice. And let's not forget the garlic - the magical garlic that will build a perfect bridge between the taste of avocado and tomato. Olive or coconut oil is also added. The recipe is inspired by the famous raw vegan chef Ani Phyo.
Cold avocado soup
Cold avocado soup is a healthy idea for lunch. It cooks quickly and is perfect to take with you for the office, because it doesn't have to be heated.
For this week I thought of a recipe to prepare us for the hot and sunny days to come. That's how I came up with this cold avocado soup, which does not require thermal preparation. This way we will be able to enjoy all the vitamins and minerals it contains.
To make cold avocado soup you need a blender and some simple ingredients: avocado, cucumber, bell pepper and spices. It is very important that the avocado is baked. You can prepare it quickly in the morning, before going to work.
1 cup cold water (or more if needed)
Method of preparation:
Add all the ingredients in a blender and process them until smooth. I recommend adding lime juice and jalapeno pickled peppers gradually, this is the only way you can adjust the taste of the soup to your liking. Add water until you get the desired consistency.
We enjoy it immediately, cold, decorated with bell peppers, black sesame and parsley. So simple, isn't it?
10 avocado recipes: simple, healthy and nutritious
Avocado is a popular fruit especially for its content fatsGood food and a must-have in any healthy diet. It also contains a lot of fiber, В vitamins and mining, such as vitamin K, vitamin E, vitamin C and B, potassium, copper and so on
Avocado consumption is associated in numerous studies and research with health benefits, such as reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Cold avocado soup
Cold soups have always seemed like a great choice for hot summer days. We feed, hydrate, energize and cool off at the same time. I can offer you many combinations that our bistro customers have loved, but I think that of all of them, cold avocado soup best matches the season.
About the benefits that the consumption of avocado brings to our body we wrote here.
To the classic avocado-cucumber-mint combination I added 2 surprise elements: apple and thyme. The result: an explosion of flavors. For consistency I used sunflower seeds, more neutral in terms of taste. Be sure to add the topping for extra texture and flavor.
What we need to make cold avocado soup:
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple (preferably green)
- a few mint leaves
- green thyme
- a handful of spinach
- 50 gr sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 ml of water
- salt, lemon to taste.
Quantities are for 2 servings.
How is it prepared:
Wash all ingredients well.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
Put all the ingredients for the soup in the cup of a blender and mix well until you get a cream. Towards the end, add salt and lemon to taste. If we want a more liquid consistency, we can supplement the amount of water. We can even add 2-3 ice cubes.
For the topping, wash the cucumbers and the lemon well and cut them into cubes, without peeling them. Add salt and thyme to taste.
Let it rest for 10 minutes in the fridge, but no more, because the ingredients are raw, they oxidize.
The most important benefits of Avocado fruit
Only 28 grams of avocado provides good amounts of healthy fats, fiber and protein.
Avocado can also help to:
- heart health
- weight control
- to preserve longevity.
If you are looking for more nutritious meals in the morning, try to include avocado for breakfast.
Avocado fruits have a greenish or yellowish core, with a rich consistency and aroma. They are often eaten in salads, and in many parts of the world they are eaten as a dessert.
For example, avocado puree is the main ingredient in guacamole - a characteristic sauce in Mexican cuisine.
Frequently consumed, avocado can give you
- Vitamin A,
- In some cases the core of the fruit may contain up to 25% unsaturated oil.
You can find avocados almost everywhere - from grocery stores and farmers markets to chocolate pudding recipes. Once considered a delicacy, this green tree fruit is now a common addition to meals and menus around the world.